* Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> [040427 20:24]:
> just for curiosity, are METAFONT and TrueType interchangeable formats
> (i.e. you can convert freely between the two of them, without loosing
> information)?

AFAIKRHRALTA[1] not even the describeable fonts are aquivalent, as
Truetype uses quadratic 'splines', postscript cubic splines and metafont
cubic splines with some kind of quills[2].

And that does not yet even describe problems of the language to describe
them, as metafont is said to be mostly an equation parser. ( I think I
read it has no assignment command, but one let it solve an equation
system with one variable and one equation instead)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

[1] as far as I i can remember to have read a long time ago
[2] not to confuse with brushes

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.