Re: Configuration by using local packages

Hi,

> But if you update the local package it silently overwrites changes.
>
> Using ucf seems better but its still a dirty hack.

My understanding of ucf is, that the "original" package has
already to use it to make it work.  Example: I have a local
configuration of NIS, so I install the Debian nis package
and my nis-local package, that overwrites /etc/yp.something
- can I use ucf for this in nis-local, even if the Debian
nis package does not use it?

So, what is the best way to handle this?

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/