Your posts seem to be breaking threads.  Looking at the header, you have
an In-Reply-To containing the "Resent-Message-ID" of my post, instead of
the "Message-ID".  I'm not sure why this is happening, but breaking
threads in a thread this size is a major problem.  Could you please try
to fix it?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:05:11PM -0300, Humberto Massa wrote:
> The pragmatism vs. principles boundary does not exist, really. You must
> be totally in one of the sides, or else you are in none of them. They
> are completely disjoint, IMHO at least. In our case, we have the
> following options:
>
> 1. release *as things are now*. (pragmatism)
> 2. do not release *till things are fixed* (principles)
> 3. do not release until (a) we define which are our principles *and* (b)
> fix everything to fit "a" (principles).

I believe one can be principled without becoming a martyr.

My principles want to say that we should expect source for fonts.  In
practice, I know that it took a very long time to get freely-licensed fonts
at all, and we may never in the forseeable future have source for those
fonts, too.  Not releasing until this is fixed means waiting indefinitely
(in other words, stop releasing entirely) or dropping all high-quality fonts
from Debian.  Both of these look like martyrdom to me.

I almost feel like I'm on the wrong end of the GFDL argument in this logic,
though.  I think I need further discussion and debate to be able to form a
decent opinion.

--
Glenn Maynard