Re: What happened to libmagick(++)5.5.7?

Scripsit Daniel Kobras <kobras@debian.org>
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:18:29PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > Is there perhaps a rule that says that binary packages that have been
> > dropped by their source package survive until the next time the source
> > package changes its set of binary packages?

> The new version needs to be built and uploaded for all archs before the
> old source package vanishes. The dangling old binary packages are
> removed afterwards, and as far as I know, the removal needs to be
> acknowledged manually, so there might be a short delay.

OK, that clears up my understanding. So it is normal and expected
that depending packages become briefly uninstallable when a soname
changes, right? (And manual hinting will be necessary to propagate the
new lib to testing after all users have been recompiled, or what?)

--
Henning Makholm         "We cannot time-travel in this dimension. Everything
                     is arranged differently, and they use different plugs."