Re: Security Supporting Debian Kernels in Sarge

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 04:07:17PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> One point is that the remaining subarches using 2.2 are probably less likely
> to be security-conscious systems than systems than those using 2.4 and 2.6,
> so dropping security support for them might not bite *too* hard.

Hmmm, something like half the m68k buildds, many of which build
security updates, run 2.2 kernels. We're pretty security conscious. I'd
feel a whole lot worse about my security were 2.2 to get dropped.
Indeed, I'm not sure it would be appropriate for us to build security
updates (or maybe anything) on unsupported kernels. :-\

<stephen@marenka.net>