Re: Security Supporting Debian Kernels in Sarge

Matt Zimmerman writes::
>On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 09:38:04AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>> * Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) [040423 22:40]:
>> > I see only one way to deal with that: drop security support for m68k.  :-P
>>
>> No. The other way would be to ask the m68k-porters if they can do the
>> security support of the 2.2-kernels, and remove all 2.2-kernels except
>> for m68k from sarge.
>
>Asking someone isn't a solution; either someone will do it or they will not.
>Honestly, I very much doubt that anyone who realizes the amount of work
>required would volunteer for this task.

Is it time to drop support for old m68k machines that still depend on
2.2 then? If we can't provide adequate security support for them then
surely we'd be better off to officially drop them now...

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/