Re: "service" command like that in Red Hat

Julian Mehnle <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>> * Andrew Pollock
>> > Are we after RedHat compatibility or a command with the same name with
>> > Debian's policy layer bolted on?

>> Since it's a RH compatibility command, the former.

> Is it, really?  Or is it a convenience command, which happens to be
> similar to the Red Hat one, but has more capabilities because it's Debian?

Yes.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200404/msg01612.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200404/msg01615.html

> I don't think there's a need to be 100% Red Hat compliant here.

| a command doing something else than you expected is worse than
| "command not found"

Walking in circles, are we?
               cu andreas

--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.