Re: Finding out which packages are from which release on my system

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:34:54 -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> Since I'm running a mixed testing/unstable system.  I'd swear that I've seen
> recipes for how to do this quite recently, but I simply can't find them.

http://debian.thermoman.de/misc/apt-listrepository should do what you want.

It is a simple Perl-script, which uses the output of apt-cache policy, to list
all installed packages and the corresponding repository it was installed from.

The output looks like:
xdm                                 http://ftp.acc.umu.se gnome2.2/
xexec                               ftp://ftp.de.debian.org woody/main
xfce4-battery-plugin                /var/lib/dpkg/status

I hope it helps

Regards
Carsten