Re: Wesnoth fails to build in buildd's due to tar --posix

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 13:55, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> Hi, I (in fact my sponsor) uploaded Wesnoth 0.7.3, but it's failing to
> build in all buildds.
>
> The problem is that the .orig.tar.gz was created with the --posix option
> and the tar version installed in builds extracts the files incorrectly,
> just have a look at this buildd log:
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=wesnoth&ver=0.7.3-1&arch=sparc&stam
>p=1082506514&file=log&as=raw
>
> Will buildds support packages created with --posix? BTW, I will make sure
> next version (expected to be released in a couple of days) don't include
> that --posix switch.

In fact that --posix switch was included by latest automake1.8:

automake1.8 (1.8.3-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * lib/am/distdir.am: Patch from Roger Leigh to fix tar flags. (Closes:
    #241451)

 -- Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org>  Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:14:51 -0400

So I think buildd's should get a decent tar package :P