Re: buildd, weird tar problem and failure

[ Monday 19 April 2004 18.44 ]
| On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:48:07AM +0200, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
| > For each extraction, there is this 'PaxHeaders.8890' that appears (which
| > is not present in my tarball of course), then buildd fails lamentably to
| > compile freefem3d. Could anyone enlight me on this ? I have no idea where
| > it comes from.
|
| They are. This is no GNU tar archive, it is a pax archive which is not
| supported by stable tar versions.
| GNU tar only uses filetypes 0-9 and uppercase letters, lowercase letters
| are used in newer POSIX standards.
well my archive was generated by tar on a i386 platform and everything runs
fine here ! moreover for m68k it ran ok (look at buildd report). However for
all other platforms it seems that something weird happened to the tarball or
something is wrong with the plaforms and buildd failed for my package.

thanks for your answer
Best regards
C.
--
Debian Developer
Scienfific computing packages maintainer