Re: Release update

I demand that Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder may or may not have
written...

> On Tuesday 06 April 2004 14.39, John Hasler wrote: [...]
>> Removing all the links results in them all being reinstalled when the
>> package is upgraded.

> which imho is exactly the thing that needs to be fixed in the first place.
> No links in rc?.d means 'take no action when entering that runlevel' and is
> a behaviour some people *want*.

It might be a good idea to put a README file in /etc/rc[0-6].d to provide
users with some more information and, perhaps, a pointer to update-rc.d. One
of the things which would be useful is a caution against removing the K
symlinks in runlevels 0 and 6 :-)

--
| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| woody, sarge, | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   This space reserved for future expansion

Please do not shoot the pianist. He is doing his best.