Re: Release update

On 07-Apr-04, 02:56 (CDT), Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> (This discussion has been going in circles for a while, it seems to me.
> Everybody should take a step back, wait 48h and then start again in a
> new thread, perhaps with a summary of whtat the issues under
> discussions actually are.

And perhaps during that 48 hours, people who care about this will read
which provides the framework to solve all these problems without
requiring changes to existing init.d scripts and without inventing new,
half-thought-out "solutions". Both sysvinit and file-rc have implemented
invoke-rc.d, and many (most? all?) packages are using invoke-rc.d in
their maintainer scripts. All that remains is for people to implement
some policy-rc.d scripts to accomplish some common desired policies.

Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net