Re: Debian Installer team seeking for translators : Serbian (sr), Croatian (hr), Hindi (hi), others

[Please Cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to -boot)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Christian Perrier wrote:

> -Hindi (or whatever people from India will feel most appropriate
> besides English)

Hindi is good.  Bengali and Tamil also have active Linux translation
teams, with Bengali you get Bangladesh as a bonus.  And I have a personal
interest in Gujarati.

BUT

what kind of support for Indic scripts is there in d-i?  Are opentype
fonts supported?  We actually have a pretty good range of fonts packaged
or will have soon.  Would udebs have to be made for them?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>