Re: closing upstream bugs with debian/changelog

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:32:33PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:31:41PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> >
> > > Sadly, I do not have to do a double-take to understand that you have
> > > misinterpreted a compliment as a personal attack.
> >
> > I must say that you have a strange way of complimenting people...
> BTW, this is not a compliment to you in anyway.

Don't worry, I consider myself placed on notice that making such an
assumption without overwhelming evidence to the contrary would be
unwise.  :-/

In any case, let's review the original language to which you took

	In the above, anyone who cares to read the entry can clearly
	understand the justification for the bug's closure, and the
	maintainer/uploader clearly not simply closing irrelevant bugs
	with the Debian changelog out of laziness.

	"Herbert Xu would never do such a thing" is not a valid defense.  Our
	changelogs need to be accessible to those who are not aware of your
	reputation within the Debian Project.

...the obvious implication being that you have a reputation for anything
*but* laziness.

We might be able to communicate more effectively if you would accept
kind words in the spirit they're offered.

G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.
branden@debian.org                 |    -- Robert Heinlein
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |