Re: hotplug logical devices?

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 13:00 +0100, J.D. Hood wrote:
> We shouldn't change the default because that would reopen bugs
> like #143137.  Since it doesn't satisfy the original wish, I'd say
> that this "feature" should be removed.

Hmm... yeah, you're right. I thought the problems only had to do with
hotplug starting before modutils/discover.

I'm not sure how the best way to solve this would be, but I really
would like hotplug to be smarter about this so that you won't have to
define these mapping stanzas. The requirement to not have auto entries
for PCMCIA cards is also confusing, although it could be solved by
having cardmgr started earlier in the boot process. Oh well.

--
Pelle