Re: New summary: Binary peripheral software

    AB> No, that's not acceptable. Because that means that we just can
    AB> drop DFSG #2. However, if the upstream maintainer (not
    AB> necessarily the copyright holder) _treats_ the binary as
    AB> source for his own changes, than it is the source.

I have another question: although we keep talking about the 'binaries'
here, we're actually talking about C source code that encapsulates the
binaries in ASCII text as arrays of C integers. Is that not 'source'?

If it is, and it's the source format that the copyright holder
distributes, then it seems like it is the 'preferred source' format.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
evan@debian.org