Re: New summary: Binary peripheral software

* John Hasler (john@dhh.gt.org) [040405 19:55]:
> J.D. Hood writes:
> > One says on the one hand that the binary _is_ the source so that he can
> > say that the requirements of the GPL are satisfied, then he turns around
> > and says that the code can't go into main because it doesn't come with
> > source.

> Who is "he"?  One possible interpretation is that the binary is the source
> if the copyright holder so asserts.

No, that's not acceptable. Because that means that we just can drop
DFSG #2. However, if the upstream maintainer (not necessarily the
copyright holder) _treats_ the binary as source for his own changes,
than it is the source.

Cheers,
Andi
--