scsh in next woody (was: Re: Preparation of the next stable update)

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 06:10:33PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update
>
> An up-to-date version is at <http://people.debian.org/~joey/3.0r3/>.
>
> I am preparing the third revision of the current stable Debian
> distribution (woody) and will infrequently send reports so people can
> actually comment on it and intervene whenever this is required.

<snip>
> scsh        stable        0.6.0-2           arm hppa i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc source
>
> 	Should be moved to non-free, but requires help of developers
> 	who support non-free to rebuild the new package on non-ia32
> 	architectures.  I'm in touch with Lionel, but we need support
> 	from others.  The good thing is that the new version will be
> 	free again.  So this is not an evil non-free package, but a
> 	package which unintentionally contained non-free parts, that
> 	were removed in a later release after intervention of the
> 	Debian maintainer.  Hence, we should rather move it to
> 	non-free for stable than remove it.  I'd argue differently if
> 	this package would still be non-free in its most recent
> 	version.

As I've wrote Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:01:46 +0200 in Message-ID:
<20040401170146.GP7842@nagy.mdcc.cx>, packages for all mentioned
architectures and source have been uploaded.  Thanks to Matthew Wilcox,
Goswin von Brederlow, Colin Watson, Wouter Verhelst and Thiemo Seufer!

Bye,

Joost

--
                               . .                  http://mdcc.cx/