Mkinitrd doesn't build initrd.img

I've just build my new 2.6.4 kernel from the kernel sources but I can't
build the initrd.img because

mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.4.img /lib/modules/2.6.4
FATAL: Module ide_disk not found.
FATAL: Module ata_piix not found.
FATAL: Module sd_mod not found.

I've tried to look into modconf to remove these modules but I can't find
them, does anyone know how they are named there?

Then I tried to build them but I can't find them either in make
menuconfig.

There doesn't seems to be a -f force switch in mkinitrd to build an
image without these modules! IMO mkinitrd should build always an image
regardless of errors. Just assume my system would depend on a working
solution, after the reboot it would unusable if I hadn't though of a
failure.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide"; for application design