[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: testing and no release schedule

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

 Adrian Bunk wrote:

 I've been going to some effort to make sure that as many dependencies

 possible are met on i386 in sarge; at the moment, vlc-arts is the
 only one which isn't.

>> At the moment, d-i is still acting as a showstopper for a
>> release; so it's not terribly worth worrying about figuring out
>> better ways to fix RC bugs elsewhere; they're simply not the
>> major problem.

 Of course, they still are *a* major problem, since they will be a
 problem once d-i is ready. The oddest thing is that many of them are
 quite trivial to fix, or indeed already patched, and something like
 half are packaging bugs. :-P That doesn't indicate to me that new
 upstream versions are the real cause of the problem here, and I don't
 see what good a freeze would do. 0-day NMUs, on the other hand....

Since d-i could well be ready immediately after this weekend,
I don't think that that need hold up production to any extent.


Reply to: