Re: Release update

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Alexander Schmehl wrote:
>> exim4     1051 Debian-exim    0u  IPv4   2428       TCP
> Not fam.
> Perhaps there should be some way to say "I don't actually receive SMTP mail
> on this machine, so don't run a server".

There is. QUEUERUNNER='queueonly' in /etc/default/exim4. Or you can
disable the daemon the usual way by modifying the runlevel symlinks.

You are aware that this exim4 is only listening on the loopback
interfcae, are you?
                cu andreas
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.
                    Anthony Towns in 2004-02 on debian-devel