Re: The new broken world of 2.6, ALSA, and hotplug.

On Mar 31, Scott Robinson <scott@tranzoa.com> wrote:

> However, the simple fact that hotplug's enumeration occurs even in single
> user mode is another example of the core issue. When (not if) the PCI
> enumeration breaks a system, a user cannot recover without an separate boot
> system of some sort.
Then it's a kernel bug. The drivers cannot be loaded later because they
will be needed e.g. for configuring the network.
init=/bin/bash is more than enough for recovering, BTW.

> ===> This part of the packaging will be improved. <===
And it has, check the package I uploaded today. (And READ THE CHANGELOG.)

> Why not support devfs and traditional style naming simultaneously?
Why not? Read again README.Debian and you will learn how to do it.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [5482 riKKr1fw4.a3E]