Re: Giving up with SVN? [Re: Strange problems with svn.debian.org]

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:56:59PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >> I suspect some serious problems with haydn (svn.debian.org):
> >>
> >> $ cd /svn/pkg-emacs/db
> >> $ ls -al
> >> total 145264
> >> ls: ldap-nss.c:3255: _nss_ldap_map_get: Assertion `map != ((void *)0)' failed.
> >> Aborted
> >>
> >> Any idea about what's going on?
> >
> > As I've said before, this machine is not being sufficiently
> > administered. It has been intermittently having the above problem since
> > the day alioth was moved to it; I think the admins occasionally restart
> > the nss/ldap stuff to work around the problem, but nothing seems to be
> > done to fix the root cause. This just lost us one full day of commit
> > access to the d-i svn repo.
>
> Last week-end, Peter Palfrader helped me a lot with recovering the
> repositiry.
> Unfortunately, it has broken again the same way :-(
>
> $ svn up
> jerome@svn.debian.org's password:
> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem /svn/pkg-emacs/db:
> Permission denied
>
> jerome@haydn:~$ svnadmin recover /svn/pkg-emacs
> Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
> svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

Well, i am not sure the problem come from insufficient administration of
svn...

On my own computer, i got this kind of error ( i cannot reproduce it ).
I think the problem comes from nss_ldap itself ( i have exactly the
problem describe, 2 day ago, and i have problem with gdm when logging
off, because of this kind of bugs, i have also a segfault with cron
regularly ).

I really don't know where the bug is...

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall