Re: updates to the base system packages list

Hi, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Last time I tried the kernel pppoe my DSL was baned for a day. Anyone else
> have that effect? (germany, T-online)

Wrong password, unrelated to which flavor of pppoe you're using.

I had to go back to the deprecated version for a few hours last month when
my gateway's power supply broke down. There were absolutely no problems
either way, both worked perfectly, though if you don't have a pre-built
setup available the in-kernel driver IMHO is somewhat easier to configure
correctly.

--
Matthias Urlichs