Re: Improvements to Debian

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Pascal Hakim wrote:
        ^^^^^^^^^^
Well, where I live it is not Aprils fools day and thus I like to try
some useful comments:

>    Simple changes like renaming the old ``unstable'' distribution is
> not enough however, and we must be willing to do more. My next step is
> to propose that we merge together the Debian Mirrors Team, and the
> FTP-master team, and have them known simply as ``couriers''. Any
> Debian Developer with a ``phat pipe'', would be allowed to join such a
> team, provided their nickname sounded futuristic enough.
You might try to have a look at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper-cdd/debian-cdd.html/ch-todo.en.html#s-new_ways_of_distribution

>    Another one of the main issues facing Debian is the lack of general
> user-friendliness. A number of people have commented over the years
Or the whole paper in general ...

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper-cdd/debian-cdd.html/

It addresse issues for users.  I'm in the very comfortable situation
that I'm feeling much more stupid than many other developers and thus
I'm able to see Debian from a stupid users point of view.  Thus it was
an easy task to write down what I'm missing ...

Kind regards

           Andreas.