Re: Release update

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:14:07AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 30, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
>
> > It could be easily controlled with tcpd if the maintainer cared to apply
> > the patch [1] available in #62145 (which I've been holding myself to not
> > NMU).
> I'm the tcpd co-maintainer, and you'd better not NMU it without
> agreement with me or aj.

No need to be harsh here. I've always tried to follow proper NMU procedure
(making some innocent mistakes in some cases) and I wouldn't dare to NMU an
important package without sufficient testing and, even so, have only done
it (IIRC) for RC bugs.

Nevertheless, I've been bugging aj (in private e-mail) about this and other
probable NMUs (such as ifupdown, which has also some longstanding bugs that
should be fixed IMHO before release, including about 7 translations).

I will forward you the private e-mail, let's see if you can do something in
that respect....

Regards

Javier