Re: Release update

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:05:33PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 29, Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >   For example portmap, nfs-server, etc.  I am sure that these services
> >  are secure but as a matter of principle I believe that nothing should
> >  be open unless it is explicitly enabled.
> >
> >   That's why I would be pleased if we could offer a firewall question
> >  in the base installer, or install someting by default.
> This can easily be controlled with tcpd.

Funny. As with Steve's example, we don't enforce any policy regarding tcp.
We used to have a "PARANOID" one, but now we don't even do that.

It could be easily controlled with tcpd if the maintainer cared to apply
the patch [1] available in #62145 (which I've been holding myself to not
NMU).  Yes, it would introduce yet another debconf question on the default
installation, sorry Joey.

Regards

Javier

[1] Slightly tested by myself