Re: Release update

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 04:24:59PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 03:40:22PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> >   * As of now, no new packages will be added to the base system. This
> >     means that packages in the base system *must not* change their
> >     package relationships.

>   Without wanting to cause another flamewar on debian-devel what
>  are the chances that we could get some kind of firewall installed
>  within the base system in time for a new release?

>   I have seen this discussion come up a couple of times in various
>  places, but without any change.

>   There are many firewall packages that we could consider adding,
>  and in general I think this would be a good thing.

Are there any firewall packages which, upon examination, you believe are
worth adding to the base system?  I have so far not found any that
aren't burdened with chewy configuration front-ends.

I think it's a bit late to be creating such a package for sarge from
scratch.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer