Re: testing and no release schedule

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:15:30PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm not suggesting dropping support.  Please learn to read.  I'm saying that
> > architectures with RC bugs that are not popular should not hold up the
> > release.  They can be released later.  It will be up to the individual arch
> > teams when the release happens.
>
> You are aware that we do not have any infrastructure for a delayed
> release of some archs or know how to do it?

Yes, we do.  We simply say:
"Debian 3.1 is released on these platforms:
Platform 1
Platform 2
Platform 3
etc."

The rest of the platforms will be there, just not officially.

> What happens if foo is buggy on arm at time X when i386 releases? You
> change the source and put it into the next point-release of i386?

Backport when possible and do point releases.  If not, they'll have to wait
for the next release.  This won't be much of a problem if we're on a shorter
release cycle.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>