Re: ssh login to Alioth

Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

I wonder who I could log in to an alioth project without typing my
password over and over.  My first try was to use the ssh key I use
to log in onto other Debian hosts.  This did not work and I was
asked to input my alioth passowrd.  Then I tried to create a special
key for alioth and copied the public key to the .ssh/authorized_keys
file of the project home.  this also did not work.  nybody knows the
magic behind this and is able to open my eyes?

That stopped working as of the move to haydn. It took me some time until
I realized that I could do that when loggged to my www alioth personal
page (bottom of account maintenance page, shared ssh keys), puttting my ssh public key there, and waiting for the daemon to update it in my alioth .ssh/authorized_keys file. Prior to that I copied some times my key there, but was always overwritten (with the ssh keys in the www page, that is, with nothing at that time) at next cron run.

Cheers,

--
Agustin