Re: ifupdown

Am Donnerstag, 25. März 2004 11:48 schrieb Guus Sliepen:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:01:04AM +0100, Clemens Wacha wrote:
> > There are some features I really miss in debians networking
> > stuff. Namely the ability to use schemes and the keyword metric
> > for devices and routes.
>
> I uploaded the package ifscheme a few days ago, which allows you
> to use schemes in /etc/network/interfaces. It hasn't been
> accepted yet though.

Cool, I would like to test it. Can you send it to me personally?
Thanks

> > My verion of ifupdown would be in C and compatible to the old
> > ifupdown. Comments are welcome.
>
> Maybe it's better to create a document describing the design and
> functionality you want before you start coding.

Well.. if ifscheme does what it says I don't even need to start :-)
I can live with the missing metric keyword.

Regards
--
Clemens Wacha            wacha@gmx.ch            ICQ:12620942

succesfully using Linux since 1999. See http://www.debian.org