Re: Three letter language codes for package names?

Lars Wirzenius <liw@pieni.net> writes:
> ti, 2004-03-23 kello 11:53, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
> kirjoitti:
> > I propose that in package names, the three letter code should always be used
> > for languages.

> For what it's worth, I also think this would be a good idea, but I think
> that changing names of existing packages might be unnecessary work.
> Perhaps it would be acceptable to use the three letter code in new
> packages, though?

RFC3066--which is what we _really_ use for locale names, and which references
ISO639--specifies that we use the two letter names where they exist, and only
use three letter names where there is no two letter name. Relax; upstream
packages that need three letter names will have three letter names.

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm