Re: Weird - /proc is not mounted on boot

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 12:58:39AM +0100, Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:
> I don't know, what has caused this - my best guess is the recent update
> of sysvutils, which include some kind of splitting init-files
> (mountvirtfs).  The system used to work a couple of days ago.

I have found the problem - now it works fine. The problem was not
mountvirtfs, it was udev, which unmounts /proc in the boot process. If I
understand this correctly, mountvirtfs has been just introduced, replacing
the functionality from libc, while udev is only aware of what libc is
doing. There is urgent need for some coordination ;)

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org