Re: Screw non-free.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:33:20PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:19:17AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:35:32AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > > More and more interesting non-free software isn't suitable even for
> > > non-free.  Examples include:
> > >   o Acrobat Reader
> > >   o Sun Java SDK
> >
> > There's likely no fundamental problems stopping us from making non-free
> > acceptable to those sorts of upstreams.
>
> a) Acrobat Reader: What's wrong with xpdf? And I've heard praise about

E.g. xpdf doesn't support Javascript and fillable forms.
You can create such documents using free software, but there is no
free viewer that supports such documents.

And there are several other PDF features xpdf doesn't yet support.

> gpdf, although I did not try it out lately.

gpdf and kpdf are basically xpdf ported to different widget sets.

> cheers,
>
> Michael

cu
Adrian