Re: Screw non-free.

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:35:32AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> More and more interesting non-free software isn't suitable even for
>> non-free.  Examples include:
>>   o Acrobat Reader
>>   o Sun Java SDK

> There's likely no fundamental problems stopping us from making non-free
> acceptable to those sorts of upstreams.

I doubt that, Acrobat Reader's license is completely fucked up, it
disallows packaging. "you may not otherwise alter or modify the installer
program or create a new installer for any of such software".
            cu andreas
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.
                    Anthony Towns in 2004-02 on debian-devel