Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:59:28PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>
> > Scott, thanks for your timely, well-done, well-thought-out, and
> > appropriate NMU.  You are a credit to Debian.  :-)
>
> Ha.  I hope you have no job.  This kind of disregard to procedures
> could make one get fired.

And not acting on a critical problem for several months wouldn't?
Yes, it was naughty to go behind your (and the rest of the dpkg-teams')
back.  An apology would be in place.  However, if the NMU fixes the
problem without introducing new problems, why get upset?!

As an employer, I'd rather have my employees acting when something is
broken than sticking with protocol by waiting for several months hoping
that others will fix the problem.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //