Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Jarno Elonen wrote:

> > > If the current dpkg cabal doesn't have enough resources to process even
> > > patched issues, perhaps it ought to take in some new members?
> > > (Not that I'm claiming to be qualified, though.)
> >
> > Well, that's not going to be you.
>
> Yes, I know. That's why I said so. But how about someone else whose skills you
> trust on the issue? The BTS queue growing like it does, it seems to me like
> an awful lot of work for one or two people, especially if you are developing
> a completely new version simultaneously.

As for the BTS, there are currently 5 people.  The newest one does work on
cleaning out spam in bugs.  Anthony and I tend not to be too active, while
Colin, Joy do more general work.

> > You did *not* follow procedure.
>
> Well, no doubt have I made some mistakes, sorry about that.. but just for the
> education, which procedure are you referring to and where may I read about
> it?

Contacting the maintainer, waiting an appropriate amount of time after
announcing an nmu, making a single patch available for perusale.

ps: The maintainer for dpkg is set to this list for a reason.