Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

* Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> [2004-02-28 17:41]:
> Except that my father has been sick since october, was diagnosed
> with cancer december 10(my birthday), and passed away february 5, at
> 51.  The funeral was in michigan on the 10th.

I'd know this would come.  doogie, you have my full sympathies and
I've been aware of this situation.  However, using this as an argument
for dpkg's status is just plain wrong.  I remind people of Bug
#212796.  RC bug filed on 26 Sep, breaking other packages to build
from source.  Joey Hess threatended to NMU dpkg on 30 Sep because
there was no response; on 8 Oct Joey Hess said doogie promised "soon".
Upload: 25 Oct.  One month for a RC bug breaking other packages...

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com