Re: ITH: gdm -- GNOME Display Manager

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 04:46:47AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:03:41PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Did you discuss this privately with the maintainer before announcing that
> > you intend to hijack the package?
>
> Isn't that kind of ruled out by the usage of the term "hijacking"?

I can envision a few different types of hijacks.

1. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, but they are
unresponsive

2. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, but they want to hold
onto the package even though it may be in disrepair

3. Hijacker uploads the package without talking to the existing maintainer

4. Hijacker attempts to contact existing maintainer, who passes off
maintenance, or fixes their package, etc. (in this case the hijack is
averted)

I was asking which one occurred.

--
 - mdz