Re: P4 optimized Debian GNU/Linux?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:05:16AM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> So... Any ideas on how to do this in a more 'automatic' fashion for my own
> use?

I'm not sure how to set it up, but once you do, please post results on
how much faster various things are. If you can prove optimizing for P4
is faster and back it up with numbers then you will finally dispel the
old assumption that it does not speed things up much.

I have personally seen cases where compiling for amd64 speeds things up
to 50% faster on the same box, but it has more general purpose registers
as well.

Chris