Re: Mozilla Firefox 0.8 Packages

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 06:57:46PM -0500, Eric Dorland wrote:
* Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org) wrote:
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 05:33:00PM -0500, Eric Dorland wrote:
> I took the opportunity to fix the long-standing issue that
> ~/.phoenix stores the user's profiles. It is now ~/.firefox (upstream
> still uses .phoenix). This means upgrades are not clean, you'll have
> to move your profiles over. Unfortunately older profiles seem to not
> be supported this release, at least not for me. Let me know if you
> have more success.
Is this a good and worthwhile change? It's aesthetically pleasing, but
we're now different from upstream and upgrades aren't clean.

The upgrade isn't clean anyway, for me at least, the old profile
didn't work. Besides, I like things that are aesthetically pleasing :)

Hear hear.  I eagerly await the introduction of firefox to the unstable
distribution.  The current version of mozilla-firebird is killing me
with bugginess.

If there is no upgrade path for profiles anyway, then what booteth it if
he changes the profile directory to .firefox in the current release?  I
was rather annoyed when mozilla-firebird created ~/.mozilla AND
~/.firebird AND ~/.phoenix

Jonathan

--
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-951-4142 (between 7am and 10pm, PST)