Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:46:22PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	There is a reason sponsored uploads are done -- it allows
>  people to get experience developing packages, and helps them get a
>  head start in the NM process. It gets software into Debian that would
>  not otherwise get in.
>
> 	I fail to see how getting an inappropriate message on to d-d-a
>  qualifies -- unless you compare it to sponsoring a trojan to by pass
>  the normal safeguards we have about unrestricted uploads into the
>  archive.

	Are you saying that there is a never a reason for someone not
in the keyring to post a message to d-d-a? Or that the message which
started this thread didn't belong on d-d-a?

	Josip and I are talking about the general case of a non-DD
posting to d-d-a, and not a specific email. In this same way that you
would sponsor packages for someone in the NM process, you should be
willing to sponsor a message to d-d-a if it is justified.

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                            +61 4 0341 1672