Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

I demand that Steve McIntyre may or may not have written...

> I know of nobody here trying to follow testing or unstable via dialup:

I do.

> it would take too long

Updates are normally done once or twice per week here. I'm using apt-proxy
for two machines running testing (one of which also has an pbuilder unstable
tarball) and one running stable. Packages and sources lists are fetched via

> and cost too much[1]

0p/minute helps ;-)

| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| woody, sarge, | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

If at first you don't succeed, give up. No use being a damn fool.