Re: Debian needs more buildds. It has offers. They aren't beingaccepted.

* Wouter Verhelst (wouter@grep.be) [040219 16:55]:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:42:23PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > If this is the case, it should be IMHO be considered to change the
> > interface to w-b from now via command line (means: access via ssh is
> > necessary) to something via a SMTP-like protocol.

> Uh, thanks, but no thanks. I, personally, wouldn't want random people,
> or even random developers, to start messing with the wanna-build
> database. It's *good* that there are access controls. Yeah, they have
> their drawbacks, but that doesn't make them bad.

Well, the part "like" in SMTP-like was used by purpose. It could (and
should) be secured of course (e.g. over SSL and authentication with
user/pass before getting write access). dpkg-sig also uses a SMTP-like
protocol for remote access - secured by running over a ssh, and a lot
of other protocols too.

Ok for you?

Cheers,
Andi