Re: Debian needs more buildds. It has offers. They aren't beingaccepted.

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 02:35:31AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
> > > Obviously it was in weak-no-auto-build. That's fairly ok when there is no
> > > huge backlog. So the question is more, why the buildd admin realised that
> > > problem and didn't act on it?
> > Our DPL realised the problem (Took 6 mails, 3 each, and didn't take a
> > day I think. Thats communication.), not the buildd admin. I haven't seen
> > any indication yet that the configuration was changed, the next
> > qt-x11-free upload will tell.
>
> --- Day changed Sat Feb 07 2004
> 02:14 < mrvn> I want to know why qt-x11-free just doesn't get picked up by
> the mipsel buildd. I suspect its in not-for-us.
> 02:14 < ij> http://www.buildd.net/buildd/mipsel_Not-For-Us.html
> 02:15 < mrvn> ij: The buildds own one.
> 02:15 < ij> mrvn: no-auto-build or weak-no-auto
> 02:15 < mrvn> ij: one of those
>
> Guessing that it was in weak-no-auto-build was easy. That it need 6 mails
> is, well, .... I think I better to go to bed now and don't think about it
> anymore... ;)

I guess weak-no-auto-build, he looked in /etc/sbuild.conf, I said to
look in buildd.conf, he looked for /etc/buildd.conf (not finding it),
I said ~buildd/buildd.conf and then he found it. Of course someone
familiar with the buildds, like the administrator, would have known
the right place on the first try.

What I ment to emphasis with the 6 mails was more how well, fast and
friendly communicating with the DPL is. An example to us all. :)

MfG
        Goswin