* Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> >It seems clear to me that the status pages aren't actually useful as a
> >reference for others to see if there is a problem that may need to be
> >addressed.
>
> Nevertheless, they will be used as such if there is no better reference,
> because there are people who need to see if there is a problem.  For

They shouldn't be, that's the point.  People who are using them as such
are *wrong* to be doing so, at least without any other information.
There isn't enough information to draw any useful conclusions about
there being a problem with the process.

> instance, how about a sponsor wondering what's keeping his sponsored
> applicant from being accepted?  Or someone whose package depends on a package
> being maintained by an NM applicant?

The sponsor should ask the applicant!  The second question isn't even
relevant to this- such situations aren't different for NMs vs. DDs, in
either case sending an email to the maintainer would work, if there's
need to.

	Stephen