On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:36:10PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) wrote:
> > Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
> > > This is wrong.  Alot happens between the applicant and the AM that isn't
> > > logged on the website, even for me.  Requiring everything to go through
> > > the website for the benefit of those who are not involved is an
> > > illconceived waste of time.  I do my log entries for myself and if I
> > > could remember where all of my applicants were at a given time I would
> > > spend my time on other things.
> >
> > If you add something to the log the "Last changed" stamp changes,
> > right? That would already be a very good indicator that someone is not
> > just forgotten. No more is requested for normal cases, only when it
> > gets to be >3 or >6 Month a note why its stuck should always be there.
>
> Who's that for though?  It's certainly not for the associated applicant
> who actually gets the email before the log is even updated.

The same people the status page is for.  Using your argument, the status
pages are irrelavent since the applicant got the e-mails, right?  The
status page can serve as an open record and reference for others to see
if there is a problem that may need addressed.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings