Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

OK. Further tries:

package > 1MB

AND

/usr/share contents > 2MB   OR  % of package in /usr/share > 80%

gives me a list of of 2338 individual .deb files in sid, or 242
packages - see http://people.debian.org/~93sam/waste3.txt

Does that sound reasonable for a mass bug-filing, or should I make the
checks less strict?

4MB or 85% give me 1368 .deb files, or 144
packages. (http://people.debian.org/~93sam/waste4.txt)

There's a few other really obvious bugs that have shown up from this
checking, and I'll be posting those separately tomorrow when I've had
some sleep.

  Mature Sporty Personal
  More Innovation More Adult
  A Man in Dandism