Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Per Olofsson wrote:
> I wonder, is the user considered asked if he or she has set the
> debconf priority high enough to not see the question?

No, the user is not considered asked.

It's not all that difficult to test to see if there is a pre-existing
configuration file and/or if it has been modified. In these
situations, unless the maintainer scripts can determine that the
configuration file is malformed, they probably shouldn't be prompting
the user for anything. They definetly should not be changing anything.

Don Armstrong

--
Filing a bug is probably not going to get it fixed any faster.
 -- Anthony Towns

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu