Re: [custom] Custom Debian Distros need the help from debian developers

Quoting Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org):

> This doesn't seem to be an insurmountable problem at all.  If someone wants
> to write NEWS.Debian.<lang> files, I'll have apt-listchanges read and
> display them.

And the whole working schemes translations teams already have for
properly dealing with po-debconf translations (such as
http://people.debian.org/~barbier/intl/l10n/) will have to be invented

Of course, in the meantime, people dropping debconf notes will also
have dropped translations and thus good work will have to be done

This is basically why I'm more in favour of lowering existing debconf
notes to "low" but *not* turning all of them into NEWS.Debian.

Of course, if some debconf2NEWS script comes around, I may for sure
change my mind....

Currently, there are nearly NO NEWS.Debian.<lang> files mostly because
nothing really uses them.....or because translation teams are busy
enough with debconf/po-debconf/web site/man pages/whatever

(also because they have to deal with a few lazy maintainers who don't
care about quickly incorporate their work....and some other who don't
care about making their work easier-->there are still a few hundreds
strings lying in non-po debconf templates, for instance.....)